Play EuroMillions Online in Spain
Whether you're a permanent resident or visiting on holiday, you can play the UK lottery from Spain. EuroMillions is the easiest National Lottery game to play while you're there, as Spain is one of the nine countries that sells tickets for it. This page will tell you all you need to know about how to play EuroMillions and other National Lottery games in Spain.
How to Buy EuroMillions Tickets Online in Spain
You can buy EuroMillions entries online in Spain, but how you do that depends on whether you're a resident or you're just visiting. Below you can find out how to play through the Spanish National Lottery website and through lottery messenger and betting sites. Go to the Playing From Overseas page to learn more about playing National Lottery games from other countries.
Play through the Spanish National Lottery website
In Spain, EuroMillions is operated by Loterías y Apuestas del Estado and tickets are available through its website. You can play online if you are a citizen of Spain and can provide a tax identification number, or if you are a foreigner and have been issued a Foreigner Identity Card.
A Foreigner Identity Card, also known as a tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (TIE), is issued to non-EU nationals that have been given authorization to remain in Spain for longer than six months. It includes a unique Foreigner Identity Number (NIE) and a range of personal information about the card holder. UK citizens who register for residence in Spain receive a TIE.
If you have a Foreigner Identity Card, you can register for an account on the Loterías y Apuestas website and you can play any of the lotteries on there, including EuroMillions. You can enter a single draw or play in advance, either by choosing the number of weeks to play for or by setting up a subscription to play indefinitely. EuroMillions costs €2.50 per line, which makes it slightly cheaper than playing in the UK.
Play through lottery messenger services and betting sites
If you do not have the required documents, you will not be able to register an account on the Spanish National Lottery website. However, you do have the option of playing EuroMillions through online lottery messenger services and betting websites. Both of these types of sellers allow you to play lotteries that you otherwise wouldn’t have access to.
The type of service available will depend on your exact location. The important thing to note is that you can still play for the big EuroMillions jackpots whether you purchase your entries through a lottery messenger service or a betting site. Follow the steps below to enter:
- Go to the National Lottery Tickets page
- Find the game you want to play and pick your numbers
- Hit the 'Choose My Numbers' button
- Register an account on the seller's website
- Deposit funds and pay for your entries
After you've paid for your entries you will be able to view your numbers in your account. If you win, you will receive a notification that prompts you to log in and claim your winnings. You can use the prize money to pay for further entries, or you can withdraw the funds to your bank account.
How to Buy EuroMillions Tickets From Retailers in Spain
As Spain is one of the nine countries that participates in EuroMillions, you can buy tickets for the game from any Loterías y Apuestas retailer. You do not have to be a citizen or permanent resident of Spain to purchase tickets from stores, so you can play even if you're just in the country on holiday.
Pick up a EuroMillions playslip from any retailer that displays the Loterías y Apuestas logo and follow these steps to play:
- Mark five numbers and two Lucky Stars on the first grid (the left-most one on the playslip) Repeat this on the other grids for every line of numbers you want to play.
- If you want to play a Multiple entry of six or more numbers, mark how many numbers you want to pick in the numeros marcados section, and then go back and pick that many numbers in each grid you want to play.
- If you want to play a Multiple entry of three or more Lucky Stars, mark how many you want to pick in the estrellas marcados section, and then go back and pick that many Lucky Stars in each grid you want to play.
- Confirm how many draws you want to enter your numbers into by marking one of the following options: Un sorteo (one draw), Semana en curso (both of the week's draws), or Dos semanas (all draws for two weeks).
- Pay the cashier for your entries and keep your ticket safe.
A Multiple (Múltiple) entry is a type of system where you pick more than the usual five numbers and two Lucky Stars and then play every valid combination of those numbers as a separate line. For example, if you play a Multiple entry with six numbers and two Lucky Stars, you would play six separate lines, as there are six possible combinations of your chosen numbers. Multiple entries can also be played online through the Loterías y Apuestas website.