How to Claim Health Lottery Prizes
Claiming Health Lottery prizes is easy, whether you have played online or bought your ticket from a retailer. There's no need to rush, either, as you have 180 days from the date of the draw to claim. If you play in-store just make sure you keep that all-important winning ticket safe until you claim the prize money. Find out all you need to know about how to claim Health Lottery prizes on this page.
Claiming Winnings Online
If you play the Health Lottery online, your entries are automatically stored in your account, so you can log in and view your numbers at any time. You will receive an email if you win, instructing you to sign in and check your account. The amount you have won determines whether it will be paid straight into your account or whether you must contact the Health Lottery to start the claims process.
- Prizes up to £2,000 – The prize is paid directly into your player account. You can withdraw the money to your bank account or use it to fund further ticket purchases.
- Prizes over £2,000 – You must call the claims team on 0844 375 55 55. A Health Lottery advisor will then guide you through the claim.
The process is the same if you have a Direct Debit set up to play the Health Lottery. The only difference is that prizes up to £2,000 will be paid straight into your bank account. You still need to call the Health Lottery if you win £2,000 or more so that arrangements can be made for your prize to be paid out.
Claiming for Retail Players
Health Lottery tickets are sold in around 32,000 authorised retailers in Great Britain. Once you have purchased a ticket you just have to make sure that you keep it safe, as you will need to be in possession of a valid ticket in order to successfully claim Health Lottery winnings.
- Prizes up to £50 - Any Health Lottery retailer can pay out a prize of up to £50.
- Prizes up to £250 - You can collect your prize at any Health Lottery-affiliated Post Office branch.
- Prizes over £250 - You need to contact the claims team on 0844 375 55 55. They will arrange the payment of your prize money.
Claiming your Free Ticket
If you match two numbers (either two main numbers or one main number plus the Bonus Ball), the prize is a free ticket. If you have won a free ticket when playing in-store, just take your winning entry to any Health Lottery retailer and you will be given a free Quick Pick for the next available draw.
If you play online, you can select the draw date that you want the free ticket for. You can choose any draw up to five weeks in advance and you can use your own numbers or a Quick Pick.
*Remember that the Health Lottery is not part of the National Lottery. Go to the How to Claim National Lottery Prizes page to find out the process for claiming awards on games such as Lotto, EuroMillions, Thunderball and Set For Life.