Special Lotto events have taken place on several occasions over the years, often including bigger and more exciting prizes for matching the same amount of numbers!
There are currently no special Lotto events scheduled to take place. Check this page at a later date to find out about future events as soon as they're announced by the National Lottery.
Previous Lotto Events
- Wednesday 25th December 2019: The National Lottery held a special Christmas Day draw with a guaranteed £15 million jackpot. It was a Must Be Won draw, in which the prize money would roll down to be shared by winners in other tiers if there were no jackpot winners. No one matched six numbers on the night so the £15 million jackpot did roll down and was split between over 138,000 other players.
- Saturday 23rd November 2019: The National Lottery's 25th Birthday was celebrated with a £25 million guaranteed Must Be Won jackpot. There were no 'Match 6' winners on the night, which meant that all lower cash prize tier winners won larger prizes than usual.
- Saturday 24th August 2019: The first ever Lotto 'Double Prize Event' draw took place, in which thousands of Lotto players across the country won double the usual prize amount!
- The Lotto draw on Saturday 4th May 2019 saw players win £100 for matching three numbers, instead of the usual prize of £30! The draw was held to celebrate the early May bank holiday and made 97,939 players £100 richer.
- On Saturday 23rd December 2017, Lotto offered an extra 200 prizes of £20,000 in its Lotto Christmas Raffle extravaganza. In addition to the 21 prize winners in every regular Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw, which included one winner of £1 million, there were a further 200 guaranteed winners, each of whom received a slice of a £5.4 million prize pool.
- In December 2016, Lotto hosted special raffle events on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The draw on 24th December saw 200 additional second tier Lotto Millionaire Raffle awards of £20,000 given away, while the 31st December draw offered 100 extra £20,000 prizes.
- On Saturday 27th August, there were 27 extra £1 million prizes, 23 worth £100,000 and 17 of £50,000 to celebrate the number of gold, silver and bronze medals won by Team GB at the Rio Olympics.
- Throughout May 2016 there were two Lotto Millionaire Raffle top prizes of £1 million offered in each draw, rather than the usual one.
- On 9th April 2016, the game marked the beginning of the tenth series of Britain’s Got Talent, which was sponsored by Lotto, by creating ten millionaires.
- On 10th October 2015, the first Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw saw the game distribute 25 top-tier prizes to mark the first Lotto draw under the new rules.