Special Lotto events have taken place on several occasions over the years, and many of them incorporated the Lotto Millionaire Raffle, which is no longer available after it was discontinued in November 2018.
Such events were held to distribute extra Lotto Millionaire Raffle prizes, often coinciding with special occasions, such as the Olympics or Christmas. There may still be special Lotto events held in the future, but they will not incorporate the Millionaire Raffle in its previous form.
Previous Lotto Events
- On Saturday 23rd December 2017, Lotto offered an extra 200 prizes of £20,000 in its Lotto Christmas Raffle extravaganza. In addition to the 21 prize winners in every regular Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw, which included one winner of £1 million, there were a further 200 guaranteed winners, each of whom received a slice of a £5.4 million prize pool.
- In December 2016, Lotto hosted special raffle events on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The draw on 24th December saw 200 additional second tier Lotto Millionaire Raffle awards of £20,000 given away, while the 31st December draw offered 100 extra £20,000 prizes.
- On Saturday 27th August, there were 27 extra £1 million prizes, 23 worth £100,000 and 17 of £50,000 to celebrate the number of gold, silver and bronze medals won by Team GB at the Rio Olympics.
- Throughout May 2016 there were two Lotto Millionaire Raffle top prizes of £1 million offered in each draw, rather than the usual one.
- On 9th April 2016, the game marked the beginning of the tenth series of Britain’s Got Talent, which was sponsored by Lotto, by creating ten millionaires.
- On 10th October 2015, the first Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw saw the game distribute 25 top-tier prizes to mark the first Lotto draw under the new rules.