Special Lotto events have taken place on several occasions over the years, often including bigger and more exciting prizes for matching the same amount of numbers!
Previous Lotto Events
- The Lotto draw on Saturday 4th May 2019 saw players win £100 for matching three numbers, instead of the usual prize of £30! The draw was held to celebrate the early May bank holiday and made 97,939 players £100 richer.
- On Saturday 23rd December 2017, Lotto offered an extra 200 prizes of £20,000 in its Lotto Christmas Raffle extravaganza. In addition to the 21 prize winners in every regular Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw, which included one winner of £1 million, there were a further 200 guaranteed winners, each of whom received a slice of a £5.4 million prize pool.
- In December 2016, Lotto hosted special raffle events on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. The draw on 24th December saw 200 additional second tier Lotto Millionaire Raffle awards of £20,000 given away, while the 31st December draw offered 100 extra £20,000 prizes.
- On Saturday 27th August, there were 27 extra £1 million prizes, 23 worth £100,000 and 17 of £50,000 to celebrate the number of gold, silver and bronze medals won by Team GB at the Rio Olympics.
- Throughout May 2016 there were two Lotto Millionaire Raffle top prizes of £1 million offered in each draw, rather than the usual one.
- On 9th April 2016, the game marked the beginning of the tenth series of Britain’s Got Talent, which was sponsored by Lotto, by creating ten millionaires.
- On 10th October 2015, the first Lotto Millionaire Raffle draw saw the game distribute 25 top-tier prizes to mark the first Lotto draw under the new rules.