One Year Since the Biggest EuroMillions Jackpot was Won
Last Updated: Thursday 12th July 2012, 12:45 pm
Although there hasn’t been any EuroMillions top prize wins this month, today is a special day in the history of jackpot wins in this lottery. This is because today it is exactly one year since the biggest EuroMillions jackpot was won and if you can’t remember who won this impressive amount of money then it was of course the lucky (in fact very lucky) Scottish couple Colin and Chris Weir who, on the 12th July last year, scooped the EuroMillions jackpot that was worth £161,653,000.
Shortly after their win this very lucky couple became the envy of everyone as they went public with their EuroMillions jackpot win and still now a later year they are still in the news as people are eager to see that these EuroMillions jackpot winners have spent their millions on.
Since this time last year the EuroMillions jackpot has been won by tickets purchased in the UK a total of nine times. The UK EuroMillions jackpot wins after the 12th July 2011 are as follows:
- 7th October 2011 – Dave and Angela Dawes from Cambridgeshire won £101 million
- 21st October 2011 – UK ticket split the jackpot that was worth £41 million with a Spanish ticket (winner stayed anonymous)
- 15th November 2011 – UK ticket won £12 million (winner stayed anonymous)
- 20th January 2012 – Gareth and Catherine Bull won £40 million
- 7th February 2012 – Cassey Carrington and Matt Topham won £45 million
- 24th February 2012 – UK ticket won £46 million (winner stayed anonymous)
- 2nd March 2012 – UK ticket won £22 million (winner stayed anonymous)
- 16th March 2012 – Syndicate of 16 bus drivers from Corby won £38 million
- 8th June 2012 – UK ticket split the jackpot that was worth £127 million with a ticket purchased in Belgium
Since the EuroMillions first started in 2004 the UK has had 34 jackpot wins which accounts for 15.2% of the total number of jackpot winners ever in this lottery. However, will any UK ticket holders strike lucky any time soon and match the five plus two combination drawn to become the latest UK EuroMillions jackpot winner?
Saturday 29th October 2016